To replace the old varieties of wheat (durum, bread) grown by the Lebanese farmers with modern ones (high yield and good quality).
- The seed production department is responsible to make contracts with seed production farmers and to control all the agricultural practices in the farmers’ field from the sowing to the harvest.
- To take the wheat and barley production from the farmers and they will be processed and treated and finally to be sold to the farmers at subsidized prices.
- To make the variety maintenance in durum wheat, bread wheat and barley.
The steps of the seed production program:
- G0 seeds given by the international research center (ICARDA, CIMMYT …) to LARI.
- Basic seeds grown in the LARI research station.
- Foundation seeds grown in the farmers’ field.
- Certified seeds processed and treated to be sold to the farmers.
- Engineer Rabih Kabalan - Head of Department (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Engineer Michel EL Hayek
- Agriculture technician: Rola Abou Zeid
- Employee: Hussein Chouman
- Employee: Mohamed Lakiss
- Assessing the potential of cereal production systems to adapt to contrasting weather conditions in the Mediterranean Region.published 17 July 2019.
- 2007 - Evapotranspiration, seed yield and water use efficiency of drip irrigated sunflower under full and deficit irrigation conditions. Agricultural Water Management, 90:213-223.
- 2009 - Yield and water-production functions of two durum wheat cultivars grown under different irrigation and nitrogen regimes. Agricultural Water Management , 96, 603-615.