Research is directed towards the improvement of the fruit cultivation sector in Lebanon by introducing and testing the newest concepts and technologies used in modern orchard management. Biological Control Laboratory is the only one in Lebanon our target is the production of natural enemies named “Cryptolaemus montrouzieri“ to fight mealybugs on some crops like grapes, Annona trees,Citrus,Ornamental plants…
- Variety trials and demonstration plots for the introduction and adoption of new and improved varieties of stone fruits,pome fruits.
- Germoplasm collection for the various domestic varieties of table grapes.
- Production of Cryptolaemus montrouzieri to fight mealybugs on grapes, Annona trees,Citrus…
- Pest forecast Service,studying the dynamism and life cycle of many insects in bekaa valley to alert and minimize the use of chemical treatment.
- Study on production and breeding of the natural enemy cryptolaemus montrouzieri and its use to fight planococcus on grapes and annona tree.
- Dr. Elie Rmeily - Head of Lab (email@example.com)
- Hoda Badra(Technical)